Internet marketing, aswell accepted as web marketing, online marketing, webvertising, or e-marketing, is referred to as the business (generally promotion) of articles or casework over the Internet. Internet business is advised to be ample in scope because it not alone refers to business on the Internet, but aswell includes business done via e-mail and wireless media. Digital chump abstracts and cyberbanking chump accord administration (ECRM) systems are aswell generally aggregate calm beneath internet marketing.
Internet business ties calm the artistic and abstruse aspects of the Internet, including design, development, commercial and sales.Internet business aswell refers to the adjustment of media forth abounding altered stages of the chump assurance aeon through seek engine business (SEM), seek engine enhancement (SEO), banderole ads on specific websites, email marketing, adaptable advertising, and Web 2.0 strategies.
In 2008, The New York Times, alive with comScore, appear an antecedent appraisal to quantify the user abstracts calm by ample Internet-based companies. Counting four types of interactions with aggregation websites in accession to the hits from advertisements served from commercial networks, the authors begin that the abeyant for accession abstracts was up to 2,500 times per user per month.
Types of Internet marketingInternet marketing is broadly divided in to the following types:
- Display advertising: the use of web banners or banner ads placed on a third-party website or blog to drive traffic to a company's own website and increase product awareness.
- Search engine marketing (SEM): a form of marketing that seeks to promote websites by increasing their visibility in search engine result pages (SERPs) through the use of either paid placement, contextual advertising, and paid inclusion, or through the use of free search engine optimization techniques.
- Search engine optimization (SEO): the process of improving the visibility of a website or a web page in search engines via the "natural" or un-paid ("organic" or "algorithmic") search results.
- Social media marketing: the process of gaining traffic or attention through social media websites such as Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Email marketing: involves directly marketing a commercial message to a group of people using electronic mail.
- Referral marketing: a method of promoting products or services to new customers through referrals, usually word of mouth.
- Affiliate marketing: a marketing practice in which a business rewards one or more affiliates for each visitor or customer brought about by the affiliate's own marketing efforts.
- Inbound marketing: involves creating and freely sharing informative content as a means of converting prospects into customers and customers into repeat buyers.
- Video marketing: This type of marketing specializes in creating videos that engage the viewer into a buying state by presenting information in video form and guiding them to a product or service Online video is increasingly becoming more popular among internet users and companies are seeing it as a viable method of attracting customers.